School Tours 2020
Terms & Conditions
Your booking is made with Irish Wheelchair Association, Blackheath Drive, Clontarf Dublin 3. I.W.A. Company Limited by Guarantee, operating under the registered name of Irish Wheelchair Association, is incorporated in Ireland and is a registered charity. Company number: 352483, Registered charity number: CHY5393, Charity Regulatory Authority number: CRA 20007997
A contract will only exist when we have received the final payment for the full amount of visiting students. The teacher representing the school is responsible for accepting the following conditions on behalf of all members of the group. Once we receive the online booking form, all aspects of your booking are formalised. The group leader will be our point of contact, unless we are advised otherwise.
The terms of the contract are to be interpreted under and are subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
- The only method of booking our school tour experience is through our online booking portal.
- The charge per student is €10.00.
- There is no charge for teachers.
- The minimum number is 20 students. The maximum number is 60 students.
- Once a booking is made online (eg 50 students), this will generate a total fee of €500.00.
- Once full payment is made through your online order, your booking is confirmed.
It is not necessary to provide us with the names of the children who are booked onto the school tour. The school is solely responsible for students and their needs and must have the appropriate information to hand in the event of an emergency such as emergency contact information, medical conditions, medication requirements, allergies, etc.
- Schools must provide a ratio of 1 teacher for every 13 students.
- Teachers must remain in the company of their students and are responsible for their supervision and behaviour at all times.
- Teachers are very welcome to participate in the activities.
- IWA will provide appropriate instruction to the group for the duration of the booking.
- All Irish Wheelchair Association instructors will be Garda Vetted.
- All Irish Wheelchair Association instructors will be trained and experienced in the delivery of their respective activity.
Information about the experience
- Each session will be 1 hour 45 minutes long.
- Each session will begin at the allotted booking time.
- If a school arrives late it will not be possible to extend the booking as Irish Wheelchair Association's sportshall has a full schedule of bookings on a daily basis.
- The session will involve a running order similar to the following:
- Emergency evacuation procedures.
- About the experience.
- Rules of the games.
- The pupils will be divided into groups to play wheelchair sports and games.
- Rotation of groups.
- Interactive Q&A to close (to learn about Irish Wheelchair Association and Paralympic Sport).
- Pupils will be divided into groups to fill out a short evaluation about the day.
- Other notes;
- Students are advised to wear school tracksuits.
- Students should bring their own drink.
- The experience is based on physical activity. Schools are fully responsible for ensuring all participants are medically and physically fit to participate.
- The experience is fully accessible to children with a disability.
Irish Wheelchair Association is covered by public liability and employers liability. Irish Wheelchair Association is not responsible for providing students or teachers with personal accident insurance cover.
In the event of a cancellation following receipt of full payment, the group leader must inform Irish Wheelchair Association in writing of the reason for the cancellation. A refund to the value of 50% will be returned.
Should the group leader have any complaints before or during a school tour experience, complaints may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Every effort will be made by Irish Wheelchair Association to ensure the smooth running of your school tour experience and that all arrangements are made accurately. We accept full responsibility if any of the services provided to you are not delivered to your satisfaction.
We will only accept responsibility for any personal illness, injury or death which results from the negligence of our employees.
DATA PROTECTION (GDPR)
How information about you will be used:
IWA respects the privacy of its staff, service users, members, volunteers and supporters and will hold information in a secure manner. Only authorised IWA personnel will have access to this data and we may contact you from time to time based on areas of interest and communications preferences indicated by you.
Using your information:
- To understand your requirements
- To improve and develop services
- To advocate on behalf of People with Physical disabilities to Government Departments
We do not disclose any personal details or information without your authorisation.
Contact: 01 818 6400
A copy of Irish Wheelchair Association's Data Protection Policy is available from IWA's Customer Care Department. If you require any further information, you can email: email@example.com or call 01 818 6455